Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Sitecore Courier Set Up

Downloaded the package using

https://marketplace.sitecore.net/en/Modules/Sitecore_Courier.aspx

Login to sitecore using Desktop Mode

Installed the Downloaded Package

Now U can access the Courier using    ~/sitecore/admin/PackageGenerationWizard.aspx

Oh I got the Error

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.


[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Sitecore.Update.Utils.ConfigurationUtils.GetConfiguration(ConfigReader reader) +207
   Sitecore.Update.Utils.ConfigurationUtils.CreateObject(String configPath, String[] parameters, ConfigReader reader) +134
   Sitecore.Update.Configuration.Factory.GetSourceDataManager() +43
   Sitecore.Courier.DiffGenerator.GetDiffCommands(String sourcePath, String targetPath) in C:\Users\Pro\Documents\My Dropbox\Courier\Sitecore.Courier\Sitecore.Courier\DIffGenerator.cs:23
   Sitecore.Courier.WebRunner.PackageGenerationWizard.Analyze_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Pro\Documents\My Dropbox\Courier\Sitecore.Courier\Sitecore.Courier.WebRunner\PackageGenerationWizard.aspx.cs:35
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +154
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3803


The issue is that I  have not done the config setting..

 <section name="sitecorediff" type="Sitecore.Update.Configuration.ConfigReader, Sitecore.Update"/>


  <sitecorediff>
    <commandfilters>
      <filter id="changedFieldsFilter" mode="on" type="Sitecore.Update.Commands.Filters.ChangedFieldsFilter, Sitecore.Update">
        <fields hint="list">
          <field>__Created</field>
          <field>{5DD74568-4D4B-44C1-B513-0AF5F4CDA34F}</field>
          <field>__Revision</field>
          <field>__Updated</field>
          <field>__Updated by</field>
        </fields>
      </filter>
    </commandfilters>
    <dataproviders>
      <dataprovider id="filesystemmain" type="Sitecore.Update.Data.Providers.FileSystemProvider, Sitecore.Update">
        <param>$(id)</param>
      </dataprovider>
      <dataprovider id="snapshotprovider" type="Sitecore.Update.Data.Providers.SnapShotProvider, Sitecore.Update">
        <param>$(id)</param>
      </dataprovider>
    </dataproviders>

    <source type="Sitecore.Update.Data.DataManager, Sitecore.Update">
      <param>source</param>
    </source>

    <target type="Sitecore.Update.Data.DataManager, Sitecore.Update">
      <param>target</param>
    </target>
  </sitecorediff>




I was now able to analyse the changes ... But when I clicked "Download Package" I got the "

HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found" error e"



I then added the Mime type for .update .. I dont know the correct mime type .. So I tried my luck as

.update  &  application/update..

It worked for me..

I changed some items and then serialized them in to other folder.. and then I generate the package which can be installed back on the server. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Getting Started With SOLR

Getting Started with Solr ·           Features o    Hit highlighting o    Auto correction o    Faceted Search o    Multi lan...