Error1: “an error caused the sitecore installation wizard to end prematurely”
While installing sitecore 7.2 in windows 8 along with IIS8 server I was getting the error “an error caused the sitecore installation wizard to end prematurely” while investigating further I found that the error comes while sitecore perform the following “enabling asp.net in iis”
When Google further
- On the Start page, click the Control Panel tile.
- In Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the Windows Features dialog box, click Internet Information Services to install the default features.
- Expand the Application Development Features node and click ASP.NET 4.5 to add the features that support ASP.NET. (If you installed .NET 3.5, select ASP.NET 3.5 also.)
The following additional features are automatically selected:
- .NET Extensibility 4.5
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters
- .NET Extensibility 3.5 (If ASP.NET 3.5 was selected)
The default IIS Welcome page is displayed.